Join Our Team
Looking to be a part of our team? Service Gem Events is always looking for amazing people to join the SGE family.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the Service Gem Events staff! We are an established bartending and server staffing company that provides staffing for weddings and special events all over the North Texas area, and we are always looking for reliable, experienced, and motivated individuals to join our team.
Please review the requirements below. Following this, there will be an online application that you can fill out and a section to attach your resume, if available.
Please let me know if you have any questions. You are welcome to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 903.744.7014.
JOB DETAILS AND EXPECTATIONS
Job Type: Part Time
Schedule: Some weekdays, mostly weekends
Job Description: Wedding Event Bartenders & Servers
Must have great customer service, be personable, have exceptional attention to detail, have the ability to follow rules/directions, and have problem-solving skills in a fast-paced setting.
You will need to be able to handle working alone at times with minimum supervision. Positions are to interact with guests and ensure that they have a pleasant and stress-free experience.
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Passion for exceeding customer expectations
BARTENDERS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup of the bar and ensure that it is equipped with all tools and materials needed for serving beverages to guests.
- Comply with TABC, state, company, and venue rules.
- Interact with customers in a friendly, swift, and courteous manner.
- Break down the bar area by packing up all alcohol and materials that the client provides and making sure that the items are loaded into the appropriate vehicle.
- Keep the bar counter and surrounding area cleaned and organized.
- Needs to be able to mix and match ingredients to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with the customer’s needs and expectations.
- Have knowledge of beer, wine, and other alcohol.
- Have a great attitude for a pleasant guest experience.
- Know when a guest has reached their drink limit so as to “cut them off” for their safety and others.
- Needs to be open to checking IDs and complying with state laws on serving. Serving minors is prohibited
- Maintain professionalism throughout the entire event.
SERVERS DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests and politely converse.
- Restock food items presented at the event
- Making sure tables and floors are cleared of trash and debris.
- Help with buffets, if needed.
- Collect glass plates, cutlery, and glassware, if needed.
- Anticipate the needs of the guests and promptly acknowledge them.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness and organization of the event space.
- Take out the trash.
- May help collect client items at the end of the event.
- May run other SGE-provided items at times.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of bartending experience – for a bartending position
- At least one year of server experience – for a server position
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs
- Must be able to walk and stand for several hours at a time
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be available to work weekends
- TABC and Food Handlers certifications – for both servers and bartenders. These can be obtained online.
- Black dress slacks
- Black long-sleeved, button-downed shirt, with collar
- Black non-slip shoes
- A clean and tidy look is required at every event